When I read the title to a A Dolls House, I had no idea that it would be the way it was. I expected it to be a secret about infidelity instead of money. The characters seemed to be the complete opposite of what I expected. For example, I expected Nora to be a cold hearted, witty woman, instead, she is a hysterical laugher a day cryer, Also, I expect Helmer ta be a lovestruck romantic towadinner Nora, but instead, he is a control freak over Nora, making her wear ridiculous clothes,telling her what to eat and what not to eat, and also calling her a scatterbrain. If I were Nora, I would not tolerate him behaving at all.
Also the characters seem like they are all hiding a secret, but they all can't tell or their lives will be ruined. When Dr. Rank had explained about his excruciating pain, I had noticed that Nora was being dirt, even though she has a husband! I suppose I was right then be bexcuse when she showed him her panty hose he was attracted and so was he. She is an infidel
most of the time when ever we read a book that is by this school it usually starts out that way with a really boring looking title but then it snatches us as if we werent expecting that *cough* the alchemest *cough* most of the characters seemed to have somthing more than what really we all as a whole were expecting then from the beginning. glad you could some what feel the same way :P
ReplyDeleteIt was great but I thought you added Dr. Rank in to early his character is a little to slow. Does seem like he has such a big role.
ReplyDeleteI definitely agree with you when you said the book is nothing like you expected. The phrase doll's house doesn't corallate with money.
ReplyDeleteYou are bringing some of Act II into your Act I post. #confusing
ReplyDeleteNora has been changing lately, and Dr.Rank definitely did enjoy the show that Nora had put on for him.
ReplyDelete